Friday, July 27, 2012

Agapanthas

We  have a lot of agapanthas (or as my son used to call them when he was little 'a-pa-tampas') in our yard.  They do well in our warm weather.  They stay green all year and produce these amazing purple (or white) blooms in the summer.

Before the blooming:



After the blooming: 


The cool thing about them is that you can split and replant them.  They usually don't bloom the year after you do that but you still have a pretty green plant.  Just clean out the dead leaves around the bottom a few times a year and they thrive.  I love that I don't have to keep buying agapanthas, I can just keep using the ones I have.  Maybe in about 15 years, I'll have all the agapanthas I've ever wanted!

Close up:

All of mine are purple.  Love the splash of color it adds to my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment