Tuesday, July 31, 2012

chair: before & after

I have this chair from Ikea that's been in my son's room for a few years.  Its main purpose was to hold clothes or books.  Now I'm going to use it for its intended purpose...to sit on!

You can see, its just a basic wooden chair.  Nothing fancy.

I painted it in my garage.  Its the same color as the walls in my kitchen, which also happens to match the marble on the desk area where the chair will be spending most of its time.

And voila!  Still not fancy, but not bad once I added a cushion.  If I didn't already have this chair, I would have headed to Goodwill or Salvation Army for an old one to repaint.  As long as its sturdy, it can be repainted and reused.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the repurposing of stuff, especially when it turns out cuter than before. You are a refurbishing genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a genius, just a girl with a vision. !!

    ReplyDelete