Friday, October 19, 2012

halloween wreath

In case you couldn't tell, I like wreaths.  I like to change the one on my front door with the seasons.   Its a cheap and easy way to welcome people to your home.  Its almost always a conversation piece.

When I saw a Halloween wreath on Pinterest  I knew I had to try it.  Turns out it was super easy.  I even made a second one for a friend who loved my first one.

Things you need:
                      foam wreath (any size)
                      2-3 black feathered boas, depending on wreath size
                      6 pack of ping pong balls
                      glue gun/sticks

Here is what I started with:




Turns out, feathered boas are really messy.  Who knew?


See the problem here?  Besides the mess, of course.  Yes, you spotted it...you can see the white wreath through the feathers.  Since I didn't have another feathered boa and my black chicken isn't molting right now (just kidding, my chickens are grey)  I grabbed a can of black spray paint.  Every crafter worth her salt has spray paint on hand.




Ah...so much better.  Now I can wrap the boas, using a glue gun to secure the ends.


This alone is pretty cute, but not really Halloween-y enough, so I added the googly eyes.  Did I mention that they are ping pong balls from Target?  (Hint, the dollar store has them for a buck AND you can get them in fluorescent orange.)  So here is the finished wreath adorning my front door:

                                                 
                                                                Cute, no?!


No comments:

Post a Comment